How It Works
KTO matches you to home buyer programs in minutes.
Access to federal, state, local and private programs. See how you can lower your home buying costs by up to $50,000.
Build your profile
Provide basic income and geographic information that will enable us to match you to programs that are potentially available to you.
Learn about your options
Review the options available to you.
Apply to program(s)
Select your preferred option(s) and start the process with KTO.
Choose a Plan
- Receive home buyer program information for your home search
- Receive program eligibility based on your profile data
- Personalized match to home buyer programs
- Loan program recommendations
- Basic package plus:
- Pre-screening support including application assistance
- Unlimited access to our database of over 2,500 assistance programs
- Access to federal, state, local and private program matching service
- Free home buyer education course
- Free financial education course
- Special partner offers for lower interest rates and nonconventional home products
How do I know if I am a first-time homebuyer?
Many buyers qualify as a first-time homebuyer. The actual definition is anyone who has not purchased a home (or had ownership interest) in the past three years and is planning to purchasing a home to use as their primary residency (you must live in the home for most of the year.)
Do I need to put 20% down to buy a home?
There are several programs available where you can put down as little as 2%. If you put down less than 20%, private mortgage insurance may apply. Learn more at Gentworth Mortgage Insurance.
If you have great credit and a steady income, putting less than 20% down can be a great option.
I have student loan debt, can I still get a mortgage?
Yes, you can! Lenders won’t look at your total student loan debt. They will review how much you pay each month towards your loans and factor how your monthly debt compares to your total monthly income.
Check out this program in Maryland.
How do I know if I qualify for a first time homebuyer program?
More than 80% of homes for sale qualify for a first time buyer program. KTO can help pre-screen you for one of the 2,500+ programs available nationwide. Contact us to get a personalized match.
Get Matched in Minutes
Save Thousands of Dollars
Program match based on various eligibility criteria including income, credit score, zip code and other factors.